Saturday, September 1, 2007

Taking the Plunge...

Last night I was looking at some friends' blogs and thought, "These are so neat. Too bad I'm not interesting enough to be able to do a blog." Then I said it out loud to my husband who was sitting on the floor of our bedroom working on some of his computer magic on our laptop.

"You should totally do a blog!" Charming replied, "I'm surprised you haven't already. I've always thought that would be your kind of thing."

"Really??" I smiled--and that was it.

I couldn't get the thought out of my head. While I brushed my teeth I started mentally composing entries. After we said our couple's prayer and I was supposed to be asleep, I was thinking about my blog. When my 4-month-old woke up at 4:00 a.m. for his feeding, I thought about my blog.

I did try to talk myself out of it. "It'll just be another thing you'll need to keep up on," I said, "You don't need another item on your to-do list." I didn't listen.

"Okay, so you do start a blog--what if it takes over your life and you don't do anything else?" I tried another approach, "Remember all your chores now that you're a homemaker? How are you going to do all that and a blog, hm?" Still, I didn't listen.

So, here I am writing my first entry on my new blog. And it feels deliciously right.